Thursday, August 30, 2012

Are you ready for the.... HURRICANE?!



Oh, Isaac. You silly hurricane. Thinking you're all cool as you blast the Gulf coast with rain and wind and similar shenanigans.

We are supposed to be getting the dwindling effects of Sir Isaac starting today here in Memphis. Thunder storms for 4 days. Honestly, I am kinda stoked. I love thunder storms. And I am hoping it will cool things off a bit, as the cool down we experience a few weeks ago was merely mother nature dangling a piece of chocolate in front of our faces, then yanking it away and pointing and laughing while she indulged. That tease.

Point of the story: I have a race in Tupelo, Mississippi this weekend, and it SHO LOOKS LIKE IMMA GET WET. This race is a bit.... unconventional. Tie-dye shirts, scull medals, and an undercurrent of humor and jest that I greatly appreciate in the running world. The Tupelo Marathon and 14.2 miler is a very small, local, friendly race. Immediately after registering back in May, the race director shot me an email to "welcome" me to the race, and to wish me a happy birthday. Them Tupelo folk sure is kind!

All this Isaac crap got me a little worried the race would be cancelled due to flying trees and flooded roads. This was on the race website this morning, and I laughed VERY hard:


Hysterical. If there is one thing I appreciate, it is a sarcastic, smart-ass sense of humor. It almost makes running in the miserable ran that much more fun. Ok, not really, but whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment