Friday, August 24, 2012

Pizza party

I went out to this huge farmer's market last weekend and, among other amazing items, I got a giant bunch of arugula. I have been adding it to pasta dishes, omelets, and sandwiches all week long, but the bunch doesn't seem to be getting any smaller! So a few nights ago, I decided to indulge my incessant pizza craving in order to use up the remaining arugula.

Boom.


I was lazy and just didn't have the time to make my own dough, so crust-in-a-tube had to due this time around. What else do we have here?
Basil pesto
Garlic
Mushrooms
Roma tomatoes
Red onion
Arugula
Part-skim mozzarella

It was spectacular, and I am really patting myself on the back for this amazing flavor profile. Arugula has such a unique taste that many people dislike at first exposure, but it is so versatile and deserves a 2nd chance. It adds such a distinct, peppery bite to any food. And so many wonderful nutrients- tons of Vit C and Potassium!

Three cheers for ARUGULA!

Hmmmm, but something is missing, what can it be??


OF COURSE, WINE! Add an episode of Snooki and JWoww, and I am one happy camper. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment