Monday, August 6, 2012

Sweat Your Thorns Off 5k

Let's just jump right in with a race report. Why waste time with the boring get-to-know-you chit-chat. It is only our 1st date, we have plenty of time to get to those details.

This past Saturday was the 3rd Annual Sweat Your Thorns Off 5k- a "virtual" 5k hosted by one of my favorite bloggers, The Boring Runner. (Note, you know you are an official running nerd when you begin taking part in virtual races. I am one step away from the runners version of World of Warcraft.) So as part of my long training run on Saturday morning, I dedicated the 1st 3.1 miles to Adam and his toasty event.

Straight reppin' Memphis, Tennessee! 
Please remember that the only time it is ok to be a white girl dropping a lame gang sign like this on Riverfront Park in Memphis is at 6am on a Saturday. Any other time you will be shot. But I embraced my gangsta side (and put on some Three 6 Mafia) to add some Memphis spice to this race.

I sure did sweat my thorns off with this slow 30 minute 5k... A nice mild 89 degrees and 85% humidity at 6am- quite chilly for Memphis in August, right?

Dear Winter- I promise I will never curse you again. I miss you. I love you. Please come back soon. Love, Amy Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment